Friday, February 17, 2012

One for the knitters

After Castle Court Quilters I headed south towards Collinet (no idea if that is how you should spell it) yarns. It was quite by chance that I found out about this place. A friend of a friend of a friend mentioned it over dinner, and actually was there when I arrived. The building doesn't look at all promising from the outside and the car park was quite revoling. However as soon as you step inside it is worth the trip. The displays are stunning and spread through 3 rooms of yarns. The yarns are produced and dyed in Wales and they are magnificent. The question isn't if you will buy something just how much you will buy. I really liked the number of samples around the shop. Samples that they allowed a customer to try on to check the size before making her own. It's little thing but very helpful. The staff are very knowledgeable about their products and somehow I bought quite a lot of yarn. I did get very lucky. There wasn't much in the sale room but I found a 1kg bag of odds and ends all in black/white/grey 30 pounds, very good value. I have already started knitting up my purchases.

1 comment:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I love their yarns. I hardly ever knit but will buy theirs and use it whenever I see it on sale. Fabulous colours.