Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Fur, feather and scale workshop

I'd forgotten to share some pictures of Irish ladies hard at work in their class on Sunday. This workshop is a pure technique class, where students are loking to create the effect of different textures using just fabric and thread. It's a class where it is very hard to describe fabrics that are especially good. Fortunately most fabrics will work for at least one of the textures so I just need to encourage students not to worry too much. After all, whatever you take to a class you will decide someone else has better fabrics and that the 'perfect' fabric is the one you left at home. Given that will happen no matter how much you fret and stress you might as well skip that phase and just relax.

I think that will do for now. My main course should be here any moment and if the starter was anything to judge by, it will deserve my full attention.

No comments: