Sunday, April 24, 2011

it's finished

Well bar a good pressing. This quilt is from a kit by Starr Fabrics. It's called Royal Treasures. I started it at the track last year and I've only worked on it when I've been in the van (hance the lack of pressing). I enjoy doing kits when I am on the road as they are easy to pick up and put down and they don't tax me too much. My next van quilt is Judy Niemer's Wedding Star pattern made with Starr Fabrics Starrfire fat quarter packs. It's going to be loud. It isn't likely to be quick though. I am aiming for a king size and that means over 300 arcs need to be made with 8/10 pieces in each!

Race wise yesterday wasn't great. We ran much faster than we expected on the first run (17.48) then much slower on the second run (*18.22). Our third run of the day was cancelled so they could work on the track. It had been painfully hot and the track needed the rubber cleaning off it. Maybe we will do better today.

1 comment:

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Fabulous quilt, good luck with the racing