Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Grr DHL

OK, first the good news, my quilt has arrived safely in America. It is good to know, I have been worrying about it since I heard that Kathy York's quilt, Jay Walk, hadn't arrived. So it is at least safe. However I am not flavour of the month with the organizers of Celebrate Spring. I forgot to tick the bill sender box for the customs charge. I got the other ones, but missed it there, my bad. On the other hand it really shouldn't have mattered. This is a temporary export and should not be charged duty. So why do you suppose the show has been handed a bill then? Of course there are no working phone lines to DHL right now so I can't even ask. On the other hand I do know other quilters who have had this happen to them, and bizarrely DHL usually seem to be involved, so hopefully I can get some hints and tips on how to get my money back. The show suggested I should declare a very low value for my work, but then I would have been sending it uninsured, I don't fancy that option. Next time I may have to use Parcel Force, I hate dealing with them but they can do this right.

No comments: