Friday, November 16, 2012

More quilts from Houston

 I don't know how much I am going to be able to say. The laptop thinks I have 20 minutes battery, so if I have to stop suddenly you will know what happened.

I've been looking through my photos from Houston and they seem to fall mostly into two groups, amazing quilting and medallion quilts. I guess that says something about my interests doesn't it.

I also notice that the quilts that really appealed to me often didn't get the big ribbons. I have far more pictures of non winning quilts than winners (well until I sent Tet to get a picture of every competition quilt for me :).


As ever you can click on the images for a bigger picture and the last image of each set is the description bard for the quilt.

Only one quilt made it into the photos just because I guessed who made it. Many I looked at fell in love with then read the board and either said, "should have guessed" or "well that figures". As I get more up you will see what I mean ;)



 This quilt grabbed me from the other end of it's aisle. In person it glows with sunlight, and you just can't wait to get a better look at the rocks. The pictures don't do it justice, but it did at least win an award. These pictures were taken during market which is before the awards are announced.

Do look at the close-ups there is so much detail in this quilt. Eeeep battery warning. Better type faster.


 This quilt is all about the quilting for me. Maybe that's wrong, but just take a look at it. I think we have 8 or 9 detail pictures of this one, there is just so much in it.

Please read the blurb the artists wrote I am going to get this uploaded quick.

TTFN!



No comments: