Saturday, April 07, 2012

Progress report

Things are going pretty well. Speed 6 is now finished, bound and everything. It's folded up in the top corner of the picture. I am now working on my second project of the weekend, Turning Twenty book 8. This quilt I started when I was at Quiltfest, on the hand cranked Singer, but I am going to work on it this weekend with the Husqvarna. I do have another van project that will be all[ human powered but this one I just want done. I decided I wanted mine a bit bigger so instead of 20 fat quarters I am using 35 fat quarters. So instead of pressing 40 strips I've just done 70 and cut 210 pieces for the next step. As you can see I can get my cutting board onto the end of my sewezi table, but for pressing I do have to move to the ironing board to the draining board as the iron has a very short lead. Still I think it is a pretty good sewing set up. It may also explain why I don't understand the complaints of lack of space in classes. A 6 foot table looks very spacious to me. I have to admit I suffer terrible table envy when I see other people's studios. Anyway, I still have a quilt to make, I should get back to it.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love my sewezi table too. Looks like you have very little reason to leave the van at all.

Pamela said...

You have such a cozy little spot to sew in!

I really have enjoyed your blog, and wanted to pass on some love given to mine - you don't have to participate if you don't want, I know you are busy, but wanted to know how much I admire your work! So - you have been nominated by me for a Liebster award!

http://pamelaquilts.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-award.html