Monday, February 27, 2012

Quarterjack workshop

I've done it again. I got so engrossed in the class I forgot to take pictures, I suppose that's a good thing as a tutor, but it's very frustrating when I want to write a blog. This is a group I spoke to last year at their Christmas  party at an amazing venue. The workshop was a bit of a shock to the system, as it involved a 6am start but it was a beautiful day and a good venue. The venue, Holt Village hall, is lovely. Very light and a good number of power points. The group also limit their numbers to 16, so everyone has lots of space to work.

The other thing that worried me was the range of students. Some were worried the class would be too hard and others that it would be too easy. I was concerned that one or other of the groups would be upset. As it turned out they were a lovely group, and at the end of the day all said they had learned something. The class was machine quilting 1, which is designed for beginners, but it seems I start from a different place to most people. I'm just very relieved that the students felt it went OK.

I haven't forgotten I need to finish the gallery tour, I've just not had a chance yet. As well as the teaching I've had a couple of articles to prepare for magazines, and as those had deadlines I figured I would have to do them first. Hopefully I will get the gallery finished tonight or tomorrow though, then I can share some other exciting news.

No comments: