Thursday, February 16, 2012

Castle court quilters - Oswestry

The first stop on my tourist trip was to Oswestry. I had planned on going to the morot museum in Llangollen but the weather was foul and I really just wanted to drive for a bit. It's probably just as well as I needed the time for the quilt shop. The location is lovely, they are right opposite a castle and have plenty of parking, even for a customer with a motorhome. As you can see the workshop is impressive with huge tables for people to layer up their quilts on. I wonder if the customers know what a great resource this is.

Obviously I had to buy some fabric. Mostly I bought stone effect. It's not a range I've seen before and I love it. It's also from a supplier that shops around here don't often use so I just had to buy it then right? My only chance and all that ;) The ownwer was lovely, offering not only hot drinks but food too. I wish I could have stayed longer but I had another stop to make on my way to Llanidloes.

No comments: