Saturday, July 09, 2011

Rain rain Canterbury rain rain talk

This weekend I am back in Canterbury. Back as this is where I went to university and as it turns out today is the university open day and we were invited to visit and catch up with some of the lecturers. Of course on an open day there are lots of visitors and not much parking but we got lucky and got the penultimate space. It was good to see some familiar faces and to see what had changed.

The talk today was in a school, which meant a lovely big stage and a large hall. Just as well as there was a very good turn out. Unusually for an afternoon talk I managed to keep most of them awake. I came to the conclusion the afternoon slot is the hardest as everyone tends to be warm comfortable and well fed. So congratulations to the Canterbury ladies. Following my talk we had a huge show and tell with a great selection of quilts. I can't wait to see what is achieved tomorrow in the wholecloth class. There is so much potential here, I think we will have a lot of fun.

Now to the bar, and catch up with the reunion.

No comments: