Thursday, April 14, 2011

Patchwork Corner - tulips

Last Saturday I was at my regular venue in Hemel Hempstead teaching Ricky Tims Caveman Quilting. It involves free cutting using a rotary cutter but no ruler or pattern. Though the class is called tulips I always advise naming quilts after you havbe made them, and as can see some of the tulips got other names. To be fair the lady who made the butterflys had done the tulips class before and asked if she could do the follow on class instead. It never hurts to ask and in this case we were able to help her out. I, and I think most of the other students really liked the other 'tulips'. We couldn't agree on what they were but they got all o us thinking, which I think is a good thing. They are one of those shapes you can just keep looking at. I think they are alien plants personally, or maybe something very futuristic.

No comments: