Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm getting there

Monday was pretty much a write off, but I am now getting back into the swing of things. Tuesday I went and fetched my machine parts and paid their customs charges. APQS had done a great job of properly itemising the goods on the declaration so I only paid for the things I had bought not the replacement patr they had sent. It's a little thing but it can make a big difference to how much I pay in duties. I'd not been looking forward to replacing the hook. Last time it took several hour, two people and a fair number of injuries. This time it was less than an hour and I did it on my own. The machine is now much happier. I will admit I am doing a few simple quilts to be certain before tackling the more tricky ones I have waiting.

Yesterday I spent chasing down entires for other quilt shows and trying to get everything ready. I have been quite bad at putting lables on quilts recently and for US show I have to do it and do it right. 'Nude with Rope' Does already have her label but 'Greek Fossils' wich is heading to Innovatuions with her doesn't so I need to sort that out ASAP. My dress is also up for consideration for a juried show, so I figure I will put it's labels on while I am doing labels on the off chance it manages to get in somewhere. I also printed out the forms for Veldhoven, it must be a good show as it has now been recommended to me several times. I missed entering this year because of the amount of work I was doing. I won't make the same mistake again (I don't want to incur the wrath of certain parties).

If you do know of any good quilt shows I should be looking to enter please do let me know. I've heard a rumour of one in Norway, which I would love to be true. I belive there are a few in Europe, although one of the French ones had terms I can't sign to and I can't remember which it is. Are there any open shows in Canada or Australia? I am determined this is my year to push out to other countries, so feel free to give me a kick up the backside to enter your favourite shows.

No comments: