Thursday, May 06, 2010

Partly Rhapsodic

This is my class project. One of my regular classes felt I sat around too much and that I should be sewing. This is what we came up with as a project for me. It is something I've been wanting to do for a while so I don't mind. I did get a little delayed whne my fabrics were held up by the ash, but everyone agrees they were well worth waiting for.

Of course being me I read the 'rules' and immediately decided to break some of them. I also managed to not read one of them (I suspcet I read it but forgot it actually) so my quilt is a bit more challenging than most. What's new? I wonder can anyone spot the deliberate and accidental changes?

Following my example two (probably three soon) students are having a go as well. They have both gone smaller than me. I am planning a 100" finished quilt, they are working on 40" and 38". This will use less fabric, although so far mine is using a lot less than I expected, but I don't know it will be easier. I think I have more room to fudge things. We shall see.

No comments: