Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New workshop - machine crazy

I've been working on my sample for a new workshop. It is a quilt as you go crazy quilt made entirely by machine. I've done 6 blocks now but I haven't had time to put them together yet. It's difficult fitting everything in and this isn't something I can take with me to work on. My version is made entirely from silk fabrics. Of course you could make it with any fabric you like, but I've wanted to do a silk quilt for a while. It is a good pattern for using difficult fabrics so it seemed the ideal time to use the silk.

The workshop will be running for the first time in May at Patchwork Corner. It's selling out fast so if this is a project you fancy book sooner rather than later. My wholecloth class is now full but hopefully we will be able to run it again soon.
I have almost finished the sample for Speed Quilt 4 as well. This year it is Amish inspired. I've enjoyed putting it together and I hope my students will too. It is a little smaller this year, although you can easily extend it with extra borders.

2 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

I've really enjoyed exploring your blog - I was invited to the V&A but couldn't make it. there was a write up in the Guardian which made it sound really wonderful but you have made me wonder????

Ferret said...

If you are in or around London visit it. If it is this or Bath, I'd go to Bath. It's worth seeing, but it doesn't hit the spot for me. I got to talk it over with some other visitors today and we had a lot of the same issues with the show. It's worth seeing, it's not worth spending a fortune to see.