Sunday, March 21, 2010

Classes, classes and yet more classes

I've been meaning to post about classes for a while, and well there seem to be rather a lot I need to tell you now. Firstly I had a great time teaching at Country Threads in Bath. It's a very friendly shop in the center of Bath. It's tucked just down a back street very near the Abbey. I didn't get much chance to look at the Abbey, but it looks very spiky and I suspect well worth a vist. Anyway, the shop doesn't look entirely patchworky when you first see it. The first section has some fabrics but a lot of notions, ribbons, acessories and books. However, if you follow the very cooly curved corridor, you find a whole room of patchworking fabrics hidden away there. I am only sad that I had neither the time nor the space for shopping. I am hoping I will get to go back and spend some time in Bath and the shop. Downstairs is a dedicated workshop with a small kitchen and bathroom.  I love having access to a kettle when I teach, it means the divas among us can bring our berverage of choice and make as much or as little as we like. Although tea drinkers would have been well catered for with the group I had on Friday, I think there was a pot of tea constantly ready to drink. Those students really were tea fueled. I can't recommend driving in Bath at rush hour on a Friday though. I think next time I will try for lesurely shopping, followed by coffee and maybe an early dinner then try leaving. I thought London traffic was bad, Bath has to be a close second.

The next class I need to mention is Art Quilts by Numbers at the Nimble Thimble. There are still some places left on this class on Monday 29th March. This is a fairly new shop in Buckingham, which as well as patchwork and quilting supplies stocks a wide range of knitting and crochet items. There is parking available at the venue and a great fish and chip shop across the road. Of course you can bring sanwiches if you would prefer, but I strongly suspect I will be going to the chippy. If you would like to see the project we will be working on it is here, and the shop can be contacted on 01280 822236.

I would also like to announce an extra regular class at Patchwork Corner. As there is so much demand for weekly classes I will be taking another one on Thursday afternoons. It will run from 1.30pm till 4.30pm. If you are interested in signing up for this class please contact the shop on 01442 259000. I suspect this class will fill quickly so if you are interested leaving a message on the answering machine might not be a bad idea.

Finally, for now, I am looking at the possibility of running some regular classes in Harrow. I have a couple of venues I am investigating and assuming all goes well I will be aiming ot start in September. The class will most likely be help on a Monday evening. If this is something that you would be interested in please do get in touch with your details.

1 comment:

Fenland Textile Studio said...

Sounds like you are very busy! See you on Friday