Monday, February 01, 2010

Much progress

It's funny what inspires me to really get a lot of work done. The most effective is knowing other people are working on my things too. Last Thursday I handed over a pattern sample to one of my students top put together. She had nearly finished it on Friday! She also seemed to have enjoyed it. So I felt I should get it's brother pattern written too. Being a bit more complex I wanted to be able to give her a bit more info with this one. Saturday evening I came home to find another of my patterns had gone into testing. This also encouraged me to write (and I have two new ideas to get on with as well). I now have two more patterns ready for type setting and another two well on the way. The Phoenix pattern in in progress but we are still debating ways to provide the pattern. We will come up with a solution I just don't know when.

As well as the writing I have managed to finish several customer quilts. It's a good feeling to be catching up. I've got to. I have a lot planned for shows this year and I will need the frame for my work too. I am trying to get in the habit of booking my slots in the stack the same as customers. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: