Friday, February 19, 2010

Loading the car

I should be loading the car right now but I needed a break. I think this is my least favourite part of doing talks and workshops. Strangely it isn't the effort required that really bothers me, it's wether or not I have remembered everything. It is part of the reason for taking a break. Type a line, remember something else write it down, type a line. Sometimes write three things down :) It is worse the further from home I am going. Once I leave I know I won't have time to come back for anything I've forgotten so I have to get it right or do without. Of course there is regular stuff which either lives in the car or is so routine I am unlikely to forget (although where is See Sound?). It's all the tweaks that make each one different that cause the trouble. This time for example I am teaching my textures workshop, 'Fur feather and scale'. This means I need to pack two quilts that don't normally go to talks. Other classes need kits or supplies. Those are the things that are utterly critical and so so easy to forget. That is what makes loading difficult, trying to be sure I have everything I could possibly need to deliver a good workshop. Guess I had better go and find all the thing on this list then hadn't I. I've just got this nagging feeling there is something else....

3 comments:

Fenland Textile Studio said...

I'm sure everything will be fine. It's my least favourite part of teaching workshops as well! Looking forwards to meeting you this evening.
Angela

Trudi said...

I'm sure that handy PA would make you a checklist for each workshop :)(grin) Have a great workshop!

Susan Briscoe said...

I know the feeling exactly - packing is my least favourite part too, and for the same reasons.