Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chelmsford

I've had a note in two diarys that I am supposed to have a booking in Chelmsford on the 8th of April. Having spent the morning on the phone trying to track down any group in that area that might be expecting me. Thank you so much to the various ladies who have helped me with this endevour. However after all our efforts we can't find any group who thinks I should be visiting them so I have removed it from my diary. If you are expecting to see me on April 8th 2010, please do get in touch as soon as possible. I am more than happy to be somewhere, but I need to know where.

I hope I am now fully up to date with paperwork, forms and booking emails. If you haven't heard from me in the next couple of days and were expecting to I would dtrongly suggest phoning me. My number is on my web site. I say leave a couple of day as a lot of forms are going in the post today so will take a little while to arrive.

Having done the boring bit I can get on with the fun part of my job. Quilting. I have a very complex quilt to work on at the moment. Lots of different blocks and applique. Fortunately it is for a regular customer and I've just got to do what I think best, so I will love working on it. There will be a lot of thread and pattern changes thoguh, so it isn't going to be quick.

Yesterday I had my regular book class in Purley. I don't know how I manage it but I seem to attract groups of interesting quilters. This bunch are no exception and teaching them is a lot of fun. They like to keep me on my toes though and try and sneak in interesting design features if I turn my back. They are making good progress and I am really looking forward to seeing the finished quilts. I was especially pleased that the lady who had felt most behind last lesson has done more than I asked as homework and her quilt looks fantastic. She has also made the back of her quilt more interesting by piecing one of the borders. It does lift the whole thing. I suspect she will come up with other neat ideas as she goes on. If anyone else has finished a quilt from my book 'Ferreting Around' please do send me a picture I find it fascinating what people can do with the designs in it. I would also love to have a web gallery of your quilts, but to do that I first need the pictures.

No comments: