Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Just a quick one

I am working down the list of things I have to do before I head off to Heather Quilters for tonight's talk but I just had to quickly catch up with everyone here. Newark were great, as expected. Speakers, you really want to go to these groups, they are friendly helpful and well organized, well worth a visit. Just plan to stay a couple of days if you can as there is plenty to see and do in the area.

Thank you very much to my team of helpers, you did a stirling job last night and meant I got home a lot quicker than I had expected, I was back before 1.30 am ! I also avoided doing any more damage to my back a shoulders with is very much appreciated. I didn't manage to try one of the famous black bananas though, so I will have to make a return visit. I did however explain 'shaking the lettuce' and remind a cat how to play, so I feel it was a good value trip. I just wish I had taken some in progress pictures of the leaf quilt. Oh well maybe they will email me some later.

My main reason for posting is I have just found out there are a couple of places left on my class tomorrow. It is the Autumn Leaves class that I was just teaching in Newark and is based on my award winning quilt, 'Golden Storm'. It is being run at the Wandering Line in Purley. This is a new shop that opened about a month ago but it sounds like it is attracting a lot of new people into quilting, which has to be good news for all of us. If you are at a loose end tomorrow and would like to join the class, give them a call on 020 8660 8600.

Now I had better get back to my task list for tonight. Loonking forward to finally meeting Heather Quilters.

Best wishes Lucy.

2 comments:

Shaz said...

Hi Ferret, loving the blog & the quilts. Is there anything different in the re-release of your book in August? I have it on order Shaz in Bedfordshire.

Ferret said...

Ultimately there will be an US edition, it will be a slightly different size, but exactly the same content. Although it is proving to be less necessary that I expected as the US wholesalers don't seem as worried about the size as I had expected. As such the release may end up being delayed a little.

Actually, that isn't quite true there will be one more student write up in the US edition, she managed to get left out of the UK one and I can't let another out without fixing that, and if any other errors are reported we will fix those too.