Thursday, July 16, 2009

Overwhelmed.

I don't know where to start, it's been a mad few days (it feels like weeks since I last posted but it's only 4 days!) and the title says it all. I guess I will start at the end. Thank you, if you think you might be due it, it's for you. If you think you don't really deserve it, you probably do or will soon :). I can't begin to say how much I appreciate all the support my friends are giving me with my book. Who says self publishing means less support?From the people who have helped me name it, design it and test it, to those handing out flyers where ever they go.

It feels now like my book as a life of it's own, and I am along for the ride. It's a very strange feeling, but not a bad one. People have told me publishing is like giving birth, so I suppose it should have a life of it's own. The strangest one I've noticed is my book being listed on Amazon in Japan! Don't know why but google found that as one of the first links to my book. Very strange.

I am just about keeping up with enquiries about it, but other email is taking me longer to get to. Bear with me and normal service should be resumed just after the NEC show.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

"People have told me publishing is like giving birth"
I've done both and they are wrong!

But congrats on getting it out and I hope it goes v well.
When are you starting the next one?

Ferret said...

I intend to avoid the giving birth. I hope this will be easier and that it will become self sufficient a lot quicker :)

The next book is about 90% written and book 3 is fully planned out, so I have things to keep me busy for a while.