Monday, March 09, 2009

My and Oh My!

You have probably noticed that bad things tend to come in groups. You rarely seem to have one thing go wrong you always get a cascade right. Well I would suggest that good things can do this too. I don't know if you remember me talking about a quilt I worked on that was to raise money for Macmillan nurses? Well it raised over 2000 pounds! How cool is that? I am thrilled to have been involved in it. It looks like I will have to ask them nicely for a picture of it, it seems I forgot to take one. Doh! I was really pleased with the quilting on it too.

The other good thing today was very unexpected. I am teaching a masterclass at the Festival of Quilts this year. I wasn't sure about doing it at all but I took the plunge. Well my class sold out in 4 hours if I am reading the email correctly. I am staggered. If you are one of those who has signed up, thank you and I hope I will be able to deliver you a good class. I have to admit I am now feeling the pressure. It is a class I have taught many times, but I've never felt it was so important to get it right. These people are keen, very keen, and organized. They were on the ball and booking as soon as it opened. Well if you don't see me after the class, you'll know I failed to deliver :)

5 comments:

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

Very cool indeed - well done, that is a huge amount of money :O)

Congratulations on be sold out so quickly, I'm sure your class will be fine.

See you at the festival, although not in your class, I'm in the 3 day master-class on paper-lamination.

Dotty said...

Thanks Penny for your comment on my blog :)

I have had a look around your blog, your quilts are amazing works of art!

Cy Dethan said...

Great stuff! Congratulations.

Dotty said...

Hee hee how funny i commented on the wrong blog. but i still love your quilts :)

Dormouse said...

Congratulations. That is really great. It shows how famous you are becoming. :)