Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oooohh, ahhhh, wow!

Is it a good thing or bad thing when you are coming in to land and ealise you aren't going to be somewhere long enough? I suspect it is a good but frustrating thing. This area has great bones, the land undulates beautifully and is punctuated by hills and rivers I can see why so many artists are inspired to create here.

The people are pretty amazing too, boy do they do hospitality. I couldn't have asked for more. Met as soon as we got off the plane, navigated arround the airport then deliverd to a lovely house. The longarm workshop and yurt didn't hurt any either. We got to meet some more natives over tea who have offered to take care of us tomnorrow. How cool is that? It's looking like a full day of castles, landscapes and extra shagy cows. Yes I am hunting more subject matter for quilts, who wouldn't in such a fabulous place.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I hope you post some pictures from Scotland, I was there many years ago and loved it. And, if you climb up my family tree far enough, I have Scots blood in me- clan Keith.

Hope your workshops go well!