Thursday, August 07, 2008

ARGH!

I know this is always going to be a busy time of year. It's nice when the NEC deadline is done with, and yes all four quilts made it, just. However, this year that hasn't lead to any slow down here. It seems everyone is getting married, all at once. I have a stack of wedding quilts and an alarming number of them are urgent. I like to be busy, but this is starting to get silly. On the other hand they are all for lovely people who I very much want to make happy by providing them a great quilt on time. Ho hum.

I also have a top I really want to have finished by the Festival of Quilts. I know Jenny would like it for the stand but, boy is it time consuming. I've been making some progress on it (I will have to take some pictures) but I've only got until Wednesday next week and I have to work on one of the cars this weekend. I am really looking forward to quilting it, even though it will have to wait until after all the weddings, so I do have quite an incentive to get on with it.

Yesterday I was teaching Speed Quilt again. This time I offered the choice of either Speed 1 or Speed 2, as I had several people who specifically wanted to do the one they hadn't already made. It went really well. One quilt had the binding on when it left, another was ready to bind. Several others were very close to finishing, with the borders still needed. I hope everyone had a good time and will finish their quilts, I know I did, they were a good bunch who worked well as a group.

No comments: