Saturday, October 20, 2007

Quilt Art Everywhere

Well, where to start. I was very pleased to discover, rather late last night, that one of our local hospitals hangs art quilts in it's halls. There was a really striking piece about the RAF (I think). I will go back and try and see if it has a makers name on it. If it is yours and it has some other meaning I haven't come to terms with I am really sorry. I had been there for many hours with a friend, and I spotted it as she was being taken to her ward.

Fortunately my friend is also a quilter and an artist, so understands when I get distracted by things like that. About 3am we had come up with several ideas for quilt inspired by hospital visits. Oddly some still seem like a good idea.

Having had far too little sleep and spent too much time at the hospital I am off to bed. I will get in touch with everyone as soon as I can but my friend it likely to be in for a while and doesn't have many people who will visit. The best way to contact me at the moment is by email.

2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for your friend.

Quilts whether they're on the wall or snuggled under belong in settings where people need emotional comfort and distraction. I have two slated for a hospital that's being built. One is "Imelda's Dream". The fanciful shoes will be a fine mental escape in a women's section. The other is "Regeneration". I hope it gets hung in the oncology area. The trilogy represents the necessity of "burning out" to have healthy forests.

Ferret said...

So long as they figure out some of what is going wrong with her we will call it a win. We have known for months things weren't right, but doctors can be hard to convince.

I like the sound of your quilt "Regeneration". Do you have a picture of it online or is is still mostly in your head?

I plan on taking my friend for a walk around the hospital today to see the quilt. I think it will be less boring than staying put.