Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dangerous Occupations.

I guess most quilters have realised their hobby isn't as safe as people might think, but last night I managed a new, to me at least, accident. I turned one of the rollers wit wind on a quilt and something in my hand made an odd noise. Something in the gripping and turning has done something interesting inside my hand, I don't know what but I know it hurts.

I was sensible and stopped quilting to rest my hand. I've tried to keep it warm and not do anything to stressful but it still doesn't like me. Who would have thought that rolling an quilt could be so dangerous? I guess I will have to add that to my list of things not to do. The worst part is having to explain to people how I have injured myself, why couldn't it have been something that sounded more exciting?

5 comments:

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Take care of that hand! I have cut myself and stuck pins in myself but have never hurt myself with my longarm.................well sometimes I have a sore back if I stand there too long.

Penny said...

You poor thing! I hope it gets better quickly.

Ferret said...

I will look after it. I've done no quilting for two days and it's driving me nuts, I have lots of work that needs doing and I am getting bored.

I guess I might have to talk to a doctor :(

Joolz said...

i did something similar to my thumb a while back and used a homeopathic ointment by weleda, it really helped. it was called ruta ointment. i still have to be careful i don't strain it, but it helped a lot. hope you're feeling better soon.

Ferret said...

Thanks for the tip Joolz, I will have a look for some. It's got to be worth a try.