Thursday, September 13, 2007

Hever Castle Quilt Show


Well the quilts are up and the moles are mostly down. I think we only scared one today. Imaging emerging into a marquee full of women, poor beast. Here is a picture I took last year of the castle. You can see one of the mazes here as well. It really is an amazing place to visit.

I wish I had taken my camera with me today. I went down quite early so the morning mist was still covering the countryside. I saw so many amazing landscapes on the way. I was told that the mist on the lake is well worth seeing as well so I might try and get there fairly early on Sunday when I go to collect our quilts.

Unfortunately Mariko didn't behave well when hung. I am going to have to figure out more ways to quilt faces without them looking aged. Although I am not sure that more quilting would have helped much in this case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about morning mist. As we cycle along the river Tees every morning , we've seen the mist rising like a field of grass. I've even done a sketch of a quilt idea I have for a competetion I think I'll enter next year.