Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Onwards and upwards.

My bank has finally sent me a new bank card only 2 months late and I have been making good use of it today. The most positive feedback I got from the Festival of Quilts was for my 'Winter Star' so I am going to make something else in that line. So I've been buying up black fabric like it is going out of style. Hopefully it will arrive about the same time as the bulk order of black thread and I can start playing.

I looked at entering 'Nude with Rope' and 'Decadence' into the Pacific International Quilt festival, but I realised at the last minute there is a theme, "All the World's a quilt". I can't see that they fit that so I guess they will have to wait for Road 2 California. I would love to have another wholecloth done in time for that too, but it will depend on when my orders arrive.

My other show decision for today was how to ship my next round of quilts to Grosvenor Exhibitions. I have one I need to finish before it goes but the others are ready now. Should I post the ones that are ready or wait and send them all together. It's tricky. I would like them out of the house but I think I will have to courier all of them, at which point it will probably be a lot cheaper to ship them all together. I never thought I would be desperate to get quilts off to shows, but I would really like some space back. Funny how things change isn't it.

No comments: