Monday, June 11, 2007

Yay, another milestone hit

By the skin of our teeth we got the first batch of my first pattern printed today. I am so thrilled. If things go according to plan I hope it will be available it Sandown in two weeks time. It shouldn't be a big deal but it has been a long time in the planning. I have three other patterns ready to be typeset, proofed and then printed, which hopefully will be easier now we have done one.

I have started looking for some online shop software. We had planned to write our own, we are a household of software engineers after all, but really there is too much other work to do. So if you have software you would recommend I would be very interested to hear about it. As well as my own pattern I have the Turning Twenty, Turning Twenty Again and Turning Twenty around the block patterns for sale. If you want to order anything before we get the online shopping working use the contact me link and I will be happy to sort out manually.

I've also sent another secret squirrel off to it's owner, which is always nice, it will be secret for a bit longer, sorry. Other than that I have just finished my first ever bias binding on a quilt. Yes it has curved edges, and it went pretty well. I don't think it is something I want to be doing too often though.

1 comment:

BizzieLizzie said...

Re shopping software we use actinic which although it has some downsides is quick to get up and running and good value. We use it as do Quilters Haven and after 3 versions we're still using it. With a large number of products (4000+)it is a bit unwieldy but for a smaller number you should be OK. The Actinic Commmunity website is useful if you hit problems and it is well-used.