Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wow!

Some days things do seem to be coming together. I took my Houston entry forms to Mail Box Etc to try out the FedEx next day delivery service. I like the idea that if they don't deliver I don't pay. Although I have just realised that I didn't manage to get a copy of the terms and conditions. I did ask but there were other customers distracting me and the staff member, I'll go back tomorrow and see if I can get them. Anyway I went in and they offered me somewhere to sit and fill in the forms, which I thought was very nice. I got most of the form filled in but I didn't have a phone number for the recipient. I asked if it was required and he said yes it was essential, they couldn't accept the shipment without it. Before I had a chance to say anything else he offered to look it up for me. What a difference. It was certainly a lot easier than booking a DHL collection and filling in their paperwork. Now I just have to wait and see if it gets there. I checked earlier and it was making progress, but having just checked it is stuck at Stansted with a delay beyond their control. Oh well maybe it is something about me, I can get even simple packages stuck.

I followed this up with delivering my new patterns. It is official, I will be launching my first pattern at the National Quilt Championships Sandown. It will be for sale at the Patchwork Corner stand. Somehow along the lines I also volunteered to demonstrate the Husqvarna Viking Sapphire, so if you are coming to the show, please pop by and say hello. I was really pleased that the patterns passed inspection, it is very similar to the first time I put a quilt into a show. I guess it is all a matter of sending your creations out into the world to fend for themselves. I am quite looking forward to spending the whole weekends at the show and meeting lots of new people. I am sure it will be very tiring, but hopefully it will be fun too.

I've finally finished squaring up the 204 blocks of Splash of Darkness, and I should have it on the frame tomorrow. I even think I have decided how I am going to quilt it, of course it may change once I get it on the frame, quilts seem to get more chatty once they are loaded.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Splash of Darkness sounds really intrigueing.