Friday, May 11, 2007

Review of Trentham Gardens Quilt Show

This months British Patchwork and Quilting has a review of the Trentham Garden show, Quilts in the Garden. I was thrilled to see there is a picture of 'Nudes Triptych' and they got my name right. OK it isn't a huge picture but I still get a kick out of seeing my work in a magazine. The review was nicely written too, I enjoy reading about where my quilts have been.

The best news in the article was the winner of the viewers choice, 'Wreck' by Diana Brockway. It was hung above mine at the NEC last year, and I loved it. I felt it should have won the pictorial category then, so this seems a well earned award. I guess I wasn't the only one who felt it deserved recognition. I would love to know why the judges disagree with us. I am also amused that I was competing with it again.

On the subject of judging, I will be at the Amwell Quilter Exhibition tomorrow to judge there. It's quite scary really, I mean what a responsibility. I will do my best, but I am quite sure people will disagree with my decisions. If you aren't busy tomorrow or Sunday do come along and have a look, I believe there will be in the region of 100 quilts on display. The show is at The Drill Hall, Amwell End, Ware. I don't have a postcode for it, sorry.

No comments: