Thursday, April 05, 2007

No time to catch my breath

You might have gathered I have been busy. I still am, right now I am waiting for a tube into London to get name stickers for The Ugly Stick. A rather unfair name for the dragster Tet will be driving this year. I do have pictures of it but I can't upload them from here. We went to Santa Pod this weekend to give it some testing and it was amazingly well behaved given it has been shipped from America then stripped down and rebuilt. If the weather holds we should have a fun weekend with it at the Easter Thunderball. Hence the urgent need for the stickers.

Last night I picked up my nudes from DHL. They did indeed have another ribbon with them and a certificate. I was so stunned when one of the mail lists I am on had said it had come third. I don't think I entirely believed it. Now I have the rather pretty ribbon I guess I have to :) However I have found something else to consider when planning quilts. I can't post a roll longer than 1.5 meters. The nudes are 1.7 rather annoyingly. Also as wall quilts are art Parcel Force won't ship them at all. You can of course lie about what is in the package but then it isn't insured so it probably isn't a good idea. I wonder if home contents would pay up if something had been lost in the post when mis-declared. Any ideas?

My entries to MQS found me another change in the post office service. They used to offer a swift air service that took four days to America, and for an extra charge they would reduce it by another day. It cost about ten pounds and was great for entering shows. I knew it was Easter this weekend but by sending my forms on Monday I thought there wouldn't be a problem. The fastest service now offered is still three days but they don't count the first day as the collection from the post office is in the afternoon. As I had missed it for Monday this meant Wednesday would be the first day of the three. As there are two bank holidays this weekend the letter would have been delivered Tuesday or Wednesday next week. The price for this high speed courier service (their words not mine) 38 pounds. Unbelieveable. So back to DHL 44 pounds and next day delivery. I am feeling very let down by our postal service at the moment.

So with those out of my hair I can concentrate on the quilt patterns I am designing, my meme quilts and my commission for a while. Then I need to think about my floral quilts and what i will be sending to Sandown. All this fitted in around the drag racing.

Well I have arrived in London so I have a signal again and can send this. Let's hope the printer has done his work. I will try and put some photos up tonight but don't hold your breath. Things keep cropping up. Oh and if anyone sees my quilt In Full Bloom in Chicago this weekend please send me a picture of it. Thanks. In fact if you see any of my quilts anywhere I love to know and get photos.

1 comment:

CONNIE W said...

Ferret: congrats on the ribbon! How wonderfully exciting. But then your work deserves ribbons, it's so-o-o-o-o-o wonderful! I'm just now learning about the racing cars / DH / hobby or profession? (Forgive my ignorance, I am totally in the dark about that kind of stuff.) Riding in the "tube" sounds so exciting as life in a small town has no tubes! Ha ha
Have you seen on the APQS board that Quiltmonkey finally got her Millie? She sent me an email "announcement" and it was so cute. She is putting it together by herself! Wow!
Have a wonderful Easter weekend and take care!
Conni Lu (Connie W on the APQS board) Oh, I talked to Myrna on the phone today to order a DVD re Hartley Fence as I have no idea how to use it and it's over two years old already. See Ya!