Friday, April 20, 2007

Busy Busy

Sorry it has been a while since the last update. I've been busy quilting. The last of my quilts went off to Malvern just in time as ever. Although I think that is an advantage. The later I send the quilts the less time they spend packed up so hopefully the less creases they will have. I wonder if there is anyway shows could leave it later to request the quilts? Certainly some shows do leave it later but I haven't been to those so I have no idea if it does improve the look of the quilts. Anyone have any experience of this?

I've introduced a new person to quilting, yay. The moral is if you don't want to start sewing don't fall in love with a quilt. I am really very pleased with her efforts, she made a single quilt top very quickly and surprisingly accurately given it is her first experience of a rotary cutter and she doesn't get on with sewing machines. I have quilted it and the next time we see her she will put the binding on. She is now planning her next project.

I also found time to make a sample quilt for Patchwork Corner. It is from a range of botanical fabric and was quite quick and easy as requested. It is made with pre-printed panels which is not usually my thing, but as I was working on it I kept thinking of things I could be doing with it. I had never seen the potential in these panels but working with them has inspired me. I think they could be made to look really amazing with some interesting quilting and trapunto. I suspect it will be an idea I don't follow up on as I have so many other projects to do but you never know.

If you are in the area tomorrow, there is a shop hop going on at Patchwork Corner and Inca Studios. There will be demonstrations and raffles all day. Please do come along, I will be showing how to make sewn scarves from yarn.

No comments: