Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My Fat Quarter Of Paradise


Not only have I got the top finished but I also have a name for it. Not bad really. I am not sure if I like this pattern, it does work but I think I like something more planned. It may partly be a problem with my fabric choice, I think I would like the pattern better in maybe oriental fabrics, or perhaps mostly solid black with a few really vibrant colours. Hmmm I might have to try that, it would be really interesting to quilt on.

I used the 30 fat quarter version and it is almost big enough for our bed already so once I put on the plain black borders it will be perfect. I think it will be interesting to have the quilting just flow onto the borders as thought they were a continuation of the top. The point of this is to be quick ans simple quilting that would be good to put on quick low cost customer quilts.

As you can see my moon is hanging over the bed. On my very high tech quilt hanging system. Well stick on lampshades is fairly hight tech isn't it? It works quite well having the moon against the blue wall.

3 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Yes, it is colorful. The darker colors give it sophistication ... in my eyes.

Joyce said...

I think it looks great although I would like to see it with black too as you described.

Dormouse said...

I like it, it's happy but gotta agree it would really pop in black and brights.

The moon looks great hung there and your high tech hanger is damn clever. :)