Thursday, February 22, 2007

What have I been up to?


I know it has been a while since I posted, but things are still mad here. I think I might have a free day sometime next week, but I am not certain :) I hope I will I have my pieces planned for the swaps and the art meme, and I would love to get them made.

I have spent the last few days in a quilting frenzy. I know that dense quilting is a commitment, and every time I start it I think I should be committed. This time it is a Gothic doorway, with lots of carving. Of course there is also a pressing deadline. I have to have my forms postmarked tomorrow. Just as well I like a challenge, although even I think this is one I am going to miss. I have finished the quilting on one of the columns, and the fineal on it, I've got most of the marking out done, and the 'carving' in the insets at the top of the doorway. On the other hand I still need to make the hinges, banding and handles for the doors, and I need to quilt the other column. Still here is the picture of it now, on the frame. It is a pig to roll onto the rollers. It is too lumpy to tension up evenly.

Wish me luck, I think I will need it. Oh I suppose I should mention, it is a life size door. Only a small one, but still pretty large.

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

I cannot imagine! I cannot wait to see it ... and I do wish you luck in accomplishing this major task in a timely fashion.