Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sushi Picture


I realised there was a picture I wanted to show you and that I am allowed to. The amazing sushi roll we had at wanKara. By the way if anyone knows what wanKara means I would love to know. This was a little something the chef made for us. He says it doesn't have a name yet. I wish I had taken a picture from above so you could see the rainbow effect better. It is eel and sesame seeds in an inside out roll. The outside of the roll is wrapped in squid, tuna, salmon, avocado, prawn and cuttlefish. So the colours are fantastic. The outer layer was at an angle so you got multiple flavours on each slice. It was very tasty. Even the ends were artistic with tufts of rocket. I really hope this sushi place does well. I love the food there and they really seem to care about what they do.

2 comments:

Dormouse said...

I'm not a fan of sushi, the raw fish is fine it's the rice I don't like, but that looks wonderful. All the colours are so pretty.

Ferret said...

Ah sashimi for you then :) I love sashimi, but I sppend too much if I don't eat the rice. The last time I went in we were given a starter of just fish and trimmings no rice. It was amazing.