Friday, February 23, 2007

Lessons Learned

The last few days I have had to relearn a lesson I thought I knew. An oversight on your part does not make for an emergency on mine, and not all paying work is worth taking. I took on a rush job, partly because it looked interesting and partly because I needed the money. It meant leaving myself very short of time to make my Tactile Architecture entry, something that was very important to me. I haven't managed to finish it and I am very miserable about it. I can't actually see any way to finish the edges of the quilt so I am stuck for a while. But the last straw is the rush job landing back here in need of more work. I really didn't need it today. I stuffed up my chance at this show, for a rush job that wasn't used and is now back with me for more work. Stupid. I know I couldn't foresee it not being used, but I do feel I shouldn't have done it and I should have done the thing I really care about.

If anyone knows if the Tactile Architecture show is an annual event I would love to hear. I would feel much better if I knew I had a year to finish this quilt (and maybe another) and then enter them in this show. It may seem odd but I love architecture and engineering, and this was really important to me.

Now I am going to try and get myself back on track with the Friday challenge quilt, which quite bizarrely requires me to work with one of my other loves. Odd how these things happen isn't it. I think I will try and finish it today and then tomorrow I can play with the swap quilts.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Ferret,
Interesting hint of a project, there! You've got my curiosity piqued!
Just so you know, it's my understanding that the show you're asking about is not an annual event. It's the themed portion of the Houston show put on by Quilts, Inc. I hope you get it done in time to enter.
:)

Anonymous said...

I think it has been on every year as part of the big Houston show. Best way is to check with them