Sunday, February 11, 2007

Argh

I am doing a lot of new work at the moment, but I can't show you any of it :( I can't even describe some of it. POUT. This is so frustrating. I can tell you I have spent a lot of today working on a Christmas quilt for Makower. It is really fun, and can double up as an advent calendar. Other than that I will have to wait until at least the weekend before showing you it :( It may be longer depending on Popular Patchwork, they want to use it as well and may ask me not to post it before they publish it. The other projects are top secret, so you will just have to believe me that I have been working hard.

I did find that laundrettes are pretty cool. It was a lot easier and more fun than I expected. I didn't have enough coins to start with (I came home and grabbed more) but the other people there helped me out. Everyone was surprisingly friendly. I think it would be a great way to meet new people. A lot of them were fascinated by the fact I was knitting socks. I guess it isn't very common now, and I hope that it might get someone else into crafts. You guys were quite right about the machines being quick. I think the wash only took 30 minutes. If I had managed to get one of the big washers I think I could have got two quilts in one wash, but even using two washers and then drying the quilts completely it cost less than getting a cleaner to do it for me. Also doing it this way I know that they have been washed rather than tumbled with chemicals. I had a bad experience with a cleaner handing me back quilts as dirty as when I dropped it off, so this is a big bonus. It has made me a lot more positive about making some really big quilts. I know I can clean them and it is quite fun. So how big can I go...

Hmm, it is actually the early hours of Tuesday morning, not sure why blogger thinks it is Sunday.

No comments: