Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Oh my, oh my.



I've had a wonderful day. I've spent the evening chatting with a friend, which was fun in itself. I inspired her to start knitting again, which is even better, and it means I have another crafty person to come and keep my company while I work. She was very impressed with my socks, and the potential for tiger socks. I should point out I am not a great knitter, this is a very simple pattern, and the wool does the pattern for you. It is magical knitting these. I love it.

When she left (on a mission to find knitting needles) I checked my email. I had one titled Celebrate Spring Notification. My first thought, was why couldn't that have arrived earlier, if I had known it was rejected I could have put it into Quilts in the Garden. The I noticed my heart rate, hmm bit quick, got to love that sick feeling too. So I read my email. I got in! In full bloom is one of 46 finalists selected! I am so excited. You can tell. I don't normally use that many exclamation points. Normally I am hopeful I might have got into a show, this time it really didn't occur to me I might have. What a confidence boost, and just when I needed it.

8 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Yeah! I'm doing a happy dance for you.

I like those socks. Wonder how long I can hold out before I give in and work with that magical yarn. A friend made a fun pair for me as a Christmas present. I'm stitching suede soles to them so I can wear them as slippers.

Ferret said...

I am thinking of doing that to mine as well. I love them they are wonderful. I am looking forward to my silk socks too, those really aught to be slipper socks I think. If I have judged it right they will be a bit thicker than these.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on In Full Bloom! Nifty socks too! Sounds like a perfect day all around.

Delta said...

Of course In Full Bloom got in! It's a beautiful quilt.

Anonymous said...

Good; I'm glad In Full bloom got in

Nice socks, too. I am making a pair also- very slow work for me though

Dormouse said...

What wonderful news. Congratulations!!!!!

I do like those socks. I keep thinking about knitting something... are socks hard?

Penny said...

Congratulations on the quilt!

The socks are really fun as well.

Ferret said...

Thanks guys.

Socks are pretty easy, or at least this pattern is. I am not a terribly confident knitter and I have found them easy. The instructions are very clear. I have the 'Sock it to em' kit, it comes with wool, needles, pattern and markers, it's really great.

Give it a go you might surprise yourself.