Tuesday, January 09, 2007

In Full Bloom


Well it is finished, and we have a title. I even have a name for the technique, impressionist quilting, well the form asked so I had to put something. Now I just have to wait and see if the jurors think it looks like celebrate spring. It does to me, so hopefully that counts for something. It was also one of the easier artist statements to write. I guess being inspired by famous paintings and techniques has it's uses. Of course I do have a few other inspiring works to draw on in the future as well, which will require variations in technique and thinking. Should be fun.

However don't talk to me about courier companies. I am sure everyone who moves mail is just out to get me. I still haven't managed to arrange a pick up for my entry and there is only so long I believe it will all be OK. It is looking like I will have to pay a premium for not having an account because they don't have anyone to open an account for me! Not impressed. Still if I am going to be shipping quilts internationally I need a courier account so I guess I just have to keep trying.

3 comments:

Dormouse said...

Courier companies are absolute gits. The last job i had we had to use alot of different couriers and they were all horrible... even when you DID have an account.

The quilt is really beautiful and certainly not too pink or too green. I love it and I hope the judges do too.

Ferret said...

It is true, I have worked for a courier company, and in fairness it isn't as easy as you might think moving things in a hurry. But I would have thought that they had some concept of urgent and when they say they will call back within an hour it would be nice if they did. That was six hours ago, and I have called to check it hasn't been lost. They will call me back :(

Good to hear you think the colours came out all right. I think the browns and greys help to tone down the green and pink.

Anonymous said...

This is really lovely. I really appreciate the in progress and close-ups that you've posted previously as well.

Good luck with the courier and all that. What a pain!