Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Finishing feels so good

I am feeling very satisfied. I have two quilts bagged up ready to deliver to various people, and I have an engine cozy and a show cover ready too. Tomorrow is a delivery day. Although, to make best use of petrol it is also the day for me to pay bills. I don't think I got that bit quite right.

Anyway, the warm glow of having lots of things sewn and ready to deliver is fantastic. I think I will bask in it a bit longer before bed. I also took some pictures of some of my note book covers so I can put them up on my Etsy shop. The first couple are there now. I have more to go up tomorrow.

I also got another answer from AQS about the size restrictions at their shows. Apparently if is a security issue. They feel the risk is too great for small quilts. Scary to think crime is so high at American quilt shows.

3 comments:

Dormouse said...

Congrats on all the finishes. You did good!!!

Security issues...
I think I had too much to drink over Xmas and New Year, I'm imagining a bank raid style heist, with masked gunmen keeping everyone covered while snatching the smaller quilts to make away with.

Penny said...

Meanwhile the Quafia are kidnapping members of the Quilt Police, and demanding large sums of bedding in used quilts before they release the hostages.

Ferret said...

Well if they are just taking quilt police, why would we want them back :) I say we keep the quilts and they keep the quilt police. In fact maybe we should pay them to take more :)