Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Busy day

Well the entry forms are on their way and I am assured they will be there on time. They had better be given how much time and effort they cost to send. Still I have the account now so hopefully it will be easier next time. I can hope right. I suppose I aught to see what my package is doing really, do you suppose the online tracking will really work? Wow! It does, and apparently my letter is on a plane heading to Houston. Yay. I feel much better now I know it is on it's way. I have been very disappointed with tracking recently, it just hasn't worked. In some ways I think it is worth the extra cost just to have working tracking.

I've been stunned at the traffic here today. I am so sorry for anyone who was disappointed by not being the 10,000 visitor. I didn't expect it to be so popular. I think I will probably do this for another milestone number. I'll give it some thought and let you know.

Once I finally got the forms off and on their way, I got down to drafting a Gibson Girl blouse. It's quite a nice design, lots of scope for fitting a large bust without having to worry about the shoulders being altered. There is a front and back yoke to keep the shoulder area a smaller size, then front and back panels are gathered onto the yoke. Adding or subtracting from here is relatively straightforward. Of course there are still sleeve, armhole and neck adjustments, but I really like this style. Of course the other advantage of this style is that it isn't very fitted. Just what I need after dealing with couriers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it finally went off OK. The phone arrived at 9.00 on the dot so I can't complain too much.

The blouse sounds nice, I always find that getting things to fit over my ludicrously ample bosom is a real pain.

Ferret said...

I think this is pretty good. You can put pretty much any amount of fabric in the front below the yoke.

BTW do you know about Bravissimo?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes!!! :) I should buy shares!