Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Busy busy

Well I seem to be finding plenty to fill my non existent time :) I've just joined the Region 7 Quilters Guild committee. I think it will be interesting and I hope I will be able to improve the guild in some way. It needs to grow and encourage new members, ideally younger ones. If you are in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, or Northampton you are in our region. If not you could move, or just come and visit. Blowing our own trumpet, we do have very good regional days and a fantastic newsletter. Non members can come to the regional days to see what goes on, being a member of the guild does get you cheaper tickets though. The next one is in March and our speakers will be Shirley Bloomfield and Gwenfai Rees-Griffiths. If you want more details let me know.

I've also been thinking about more quilt designs. I have another one to make with the Ombre fabrics, but my brain just isn't working. I am going to have to print up some shaded paper to play with. When I figure it out it will be good, and I think very easy to make, but working it out is hard.

I managed to get some more supplies for the weekend. No not that sort of supply, I am doing a weekend workshop. It is a residential course at Missenden Abbey, with Janet Edmonds. It will have a drawing section and then we will be making vessels. It sounds like it should have a lot of potential for future projects. As it is partly funded by a bursary I felt I should do something big that would really stretch me, and this will do that. I have calico and muslin to play with, I've found inspirational pictures, but I haven't got any shells of other organic vessels. I am hoping I will be able to look at the ones other people bring. I still need to go for a walk and look for found objects to add to whatever I make, although that doesn't really appeal to me at the moment. Still better to have and not need... While I am at the Abbey I won't be able to pick up my email, and I am planning on having my phone off most of the time as well. I am planning on updating the blog while I am there but I can't be certain it will work.

I wish I had had time to enjoy the snow this morning. It was so pretty. I did look a lot but I had to get to my meeting so I couldn't take any pictures. Keep your fingers crossed for more snow for me. I would love to add pictures of it to my inspirations folder.

No comments: