Saturday, December 23, 2006

The days are getting longer again....

...and so are my socks. To stop me working for a day or two I had to find something else to do. I can't just do nothing. Knitting socks seems perfect. I will be spending a lot of time as a passenger in cars over the next few days so a project I can do in the car is a real bonus. Also being small I think I can finish a pair before I run out of traveling to do. I've nearly got one sock so far. I am making them with wacky wool again. It makes a pattern for you as you knit. Very effective and very simple. I love it.

I also got a fabric shipment today, including silks I will be using with a piece of fabric a friend brought back from Morocco. I've been thinking about to for quite a while and I finally have a plan. It will be very tactile and slinky. I am looking forward to it. Of course being silks and brocade I am not going to be able to leave it lying around, the cats would have a field day.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I hope you and yours have a merry Christmas. Safe driving, I'll look forward to seeing posts of the socks and the "slinky" piece sometime down the future!

I know the New Year will bring you wonderful adventures- you are so talented, how can it not??

Ferret said...

Thank you. Hopefully everyone will had a fun and creative New Year.