Friday, November 17, 2006

Chrysler comes home


I just got a very odd package. It was all squidgy. I haven't ordered any fabric recently, well not that much anyway. Turns out to be my quilt returning. I had completely forgotten it was due back. Which could have been a bad thing if it had gone missing, but it didn't so all is well.

I had been rather dreading this moment, I've not had good luck with this group of shows. So with some trepidation I opened the package, the well sealed waterproof package! Inside the quilt was very carefully packed. Most of the folds were padded with bubble wrap and the whole quilt then wrapped in more bubble wrap. OK it wasn't perfect folding, but such a huge improvement. I have already rung Grosvenor and told them how pleased I was and how much of an improvement I think it is. I am still very sad that they didn't address any of my concerns directly when I wrote to them, but it does look like they have tried to make things better. I might even try entering another one of their shows next year.

After a very quick press (the first fold was vertical right sides together) Chrysler is up on the pole over my bed. It is a nice quilt, but I have come on a lot in the last year. I could do so much better now.

7 comments:

Beverly said...

Glad you got it back in good condition, and well-packed. I like this quilt a lot- the color choices sing to me, and the composition is an interesting one. Especially since I don't normally go for symmetrical designs!

Anonymous said...

I think that's cool that you can see your improvement in skill over the past year. Isn't that what its all about? :) Its a great piece. I'm glad its home.

Ferret said...

This quilt was for a challenge, Art Deco Revisited. The side panels are the lift doors from inside the Chrysler building.

Delta said...

I love this quilt! Of course, I love anything Art Deco that is well done. It's so easy to lose the 'real feel' of of it, but you have captured it perfectly. Great job.

Ferret said...

Thanks, I guess the judges agreed with you, this one came third in the challenge.

Nellie's Needles said...

It's difficult to how this one could be improved. There's just enough of the building to be recognizable and the side panels featuring the elevator doors is most clever and wonderful.

Ferret said...

I am happy with the design, but my technical skills improve daily. I could quilt much nicer clouds now, and I think generally finish everything better. I think it is all the more obvious to me because I haven't seen it for a while.