Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Online contest or getting to know your friends.

Now please don't take this the wrong way, but I've realized that the outcome of the online quilt show is fairly unimportant. It would be great to win, but the prize won't be as good as what it has already given me. I have had so many emails from friends who have offered their support, I've had comments on this blog, and I can't begin to tell you how great that is. Not one person I've talked to about this has been anything but incredibly supportive, I am really overwhelmed by you all. As well people have sent me notes about what they are doing and what is happening in their lives, they probably wouldn't have done otherwise. I can't reach you all, so please give yourselves a hug or a pat on the back from me, whatever you feel comfortable with. You're great.

I have been working recently, even though I have been rather quiet. I am getting the samples finished for my class at Patchwork Corner next month. It is based on the technique I used for the red nude in the triptych. I am hoping to cover some design ideas and techniques for converting a photograph into a pattern for a quilt. It's tricky in a one day class but I will see what I can fit in. I've decided to stick to just two design options to make on the day, a rose and a swan. I was going to offer a third but the requirements list was getting too complicated. I am hoping by keeping it fairly simple everyone will get a mostly complete art quilt by the end of the day. In the next day or two I will have the pictures up. Also for those in the area who wanted to see the nudes again, they will be at Patchwork Corner as of next week publicizing the class. If you are interested in taking this class I believe there are still a couple of places left.

1 comment:

Dormouse said...

That is really nice. Gives you a good feeling about people.

Good luck with your class, it sounds like fun.