Monday, October 16, 2006

Nude in Online Competition.

I've entered my blue nude into the AQS online quilt contest. I would have like to enter the whole triptych but they don't allow multiple parts or frames. Still at least I put something in. The contest is judged but online viewers, so if you feel like voting for me I would very much appreciate it. If you live in the US I think there are prizes for the people voting too. The quilts can be seen here, mine is entry number 1352. I think they are shuffling the quilts to make it more fair, which is something that had worried me when I first looked at entering. I found it really interesting looking at the range of styles represented in the competition. I suspect there is inspiration for most people there.

7 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

I just went "on" and you've got my vote. I love that piece.

Dormouse said...

Blue Nude got my vote too.

Did I spot Golden Storm there too?

Ferret said...

Thanks guys. Yes Golden Storm is there too, a lot of people who don't like the nude like it so I figured I would give it a shot. My friends are sure I haven't got a chance because they think there will be people running organized campaigns to get votes, but at least I can say I tried.
Thanks again.

Beverly said...

Your blue nude is lovely, and certainly stands out in the crowd. I love the light and shadows, and the movement you get with your quilting. You got my vote!

Anonymous said...

Um, is this the same Ferret who asked me about drawing lessons on my blog? Your blue nude is brilliantly done, and it doesn't look like you need lessons! In response to your comment, I did write a bit about beginning drawing on my blog but deleted it because I think I sounded patronising. I did just want to add a comment here to encourage you and say that if you would like to know more, just email me!

Anonymous said...

You got my vote love the girls

best of luck

Lindy

Ferret said...

You might not believe this, but there is very little, and in my opinion no 'real' drawing involved in the nudes. Or in fact most of my quilts. I am pretty good with photos and a computer though. I would love to be abel to draw things rather than use a camera and computer.

Thanks for your votes guys, it really is appreciated.