Monday, August 14, 2006

Unlimited Possibilities


A while ago I submitted some pictures to Unlimited Possibilities for inclusion in their online gallery. I found out today that the pictures have been put up. I am very pleased, they are a long arm quilting magazine and it is pictures of 'Tread Lightly' they have put up. A bit of a departure from norm. I think it is great to have other ideas of what can be done with a longarm quilting machine. If you fancy having a look here is the link, Unlimited Possibilities. I've only had one copy of the magazine so far but it looks pretty good. I believe they have just got a new editor, who seems very keen so hopefully it will go from strength to strength.

I've finished the quilting on the skeletal hand. I was very pleased with it. Then I rinsed it in clod water to remove the vanishing thread and discovered that at least this part of my roll of alpaca blend isn't exactly clean and leaves dirty marks on the surface of the quilt. I am guessing it will be OK with dark fabrics and in projects I don't intend to wash. I am in two minds about this wadding now. Should I keep trying with it? Is this just a very dodgy bit? If anyone has any experience with any alpaca blend waddings I would really appreciate some more views on it. It feels great and should be very warm, but if it is going to leave dirty marks I don't honestly think I can use it. I certainly can't offer it to customers.

2 comments:

Elle said...

The skeletal hand is very nice!!

Ferret said...

Thanks