Wednesday, August 30, 2006

'Tread lightly' flies the nest

Today I feel I can call myself an artist. A piece of work I designed and made with no new owner in mind has sold. For me that is the definition of an artist, someone who can make what pleases them and others will want to own it. It is a very odd feeling, the piece that sold wasn't one I thought would be popular, and I expected to have it sitting here for a long time. I am thrilled it has gone to someone who will love it. The lady who bought the globe has a love of maps, and would have liked to have been a cartographer. Just perfect.

For those who have asked, yes I did take a lot of photos before it went. Yes I will be making more spherical quilts. Yes I will be preparing patterns and classes based on my spherical quilts. Yes I am an artist, can I still be a scientist too though.

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

YEAH! Congratulations! There was no doubt in mind that YOU ARE AN ARTIST.