Tuesday, July 18, 2006

"You've stomped Hawaii"


I didn't do it on purpose, it's just in the wrong place. As you can see I have spent the day quilting the world. It was very odd listening to the news and having the places they were talking about just under my hands. Very spooky.

I had planned to make the footprints trapunto, but I needed to quilt the small islands into place. The islands are all in the wrong places :) so instead I used a very small stipple to mark the footprints. I wasn't sure they would leap out enough, but I didn't need to worry.

The background design is inspired by the oriental cloud and water patterns, hopefully it will convey both to different people.

I've marked up the panels, so tomorrow I get to try and turn this large flat quilt into a sphere. Wish me luck.

No comments: