Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Yay!


I've reached another little milestone. I've done all the stabilizing on Gems 2. In this heat even these little things seem a big deal. The Discovery has been behaving itself really well, and after man handling Gems 1 under his domestic machine Robin is now practicing on it. Hopefully he will be able to use it for his other entry. I did mean to take a picture of the quilt on the frame with the UV light on showing the powder, but I got over excited when I finished the sewing. I have discovered that the powder gets every where. I too me ages to get most of it off the machine. I really don't want any of it left behind as it will probably work quite well as a grinding paste. It certainly built up in the bobbin, but that might has been weather related. I think the rosin is more likely to clump when it is hot, and of course the bobbin area probably gets warm as well. Still it did the job a lot quicker than using a washout marker, and no washing the quilt before the show.

I've managed to get a stand for my globe. It is a world plinth, not in anyway a dog bowl. Definitely not, I just happened to buy it in a pet shop. I thought I should supply something as the show organizers aren't likely to have a stand for a globe. I had been thinking of buying rubber rings and covering them but I haven't been able to find any. I think the bowl will be more stable anyway as it is designed not to be tipped by hungry dogs. I suppose I need to label it don't I.

I saw the most amazing sky tonight when we went out to buy food. I wish I had taken a camera with me. The sky was mostly a grey blue, but over where the sun was setting it was a fantastic pink. The most wonderful part was where the clouds were just outlined in the pink. It was so striking. I think I will have to try and make a quilt from it but I don;t think anyone will believe that the sky was really that colour. I am starting to think that I will have to carry a camera everywhere I keep finding inspiration in odd places and the camera on my phone isn't quite enough. Last night at the hospital there some good architecture and an a fantastic clock. In the dark the pictures on my phone didn't come out. Do you suppose I will get even more odd looks wandering around the supermarket with a huge camera case?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Our evening sky was like that too here in Taunton - the edges of the fine clouds tinged with a beautiful shell pink - nature is just awesome :o)

Penny said...

The sky in Surrey was like that as well, but more orange. Very pretty!