Sunday, July 23, 2006

What a mess!


This is desk right now. Yes I am typing on that keyboard over all the mess. The mess is the wiring for 'See Sound' . It is at least working, but the lights are dimmer than I would like. I might have to ask an expert. Fortunately I have one of those coming over tonight. It's funny how much I have had to add just to scale up the PCB. Most of the wire is involved in running extra LEDs. Also trying to make the microphone work when it is inside a quilt is proving interesting. I think if I can hold it right up against the top of the fabric microphone I should be OK.

I have also been reminded that I do not use the cheap electric soldering iron. I really don't get on with it. That would be why I bought a gas one, which I love. I wish I had remembered before I burnt my finger in exactly the same way as the last 3 times I used the electric iron. Ho hum, maybe next time I will remember.

No comments: